When I was a teenager, we had what we called “pajama parties” where a bunch of us got together at someone’s house and stayed up all night. We ate, laughed, danced, shared our innermost secrets, and felt the joy of being together. But then the party ended, and we returned to our own homes to get some sleep. When I finally woke up, I felt a sense of loneliness, lonely for that complete freedom to be myself with no strings attached.
You’ve had those times, when you left your work-a-day world for a little while and embraced fun times with people you love. I hope you experienced that during the recent holiday season. But now that it’s over, do you really want to get back on the familiar road you’ve been on all year? Or would you like to create something new and different for yourself?
“Life as it happens to us, is always a reflection of our own state of mind. We are truly the architects of our reality” ~ Milan Karmeli ~
You still have to pay the bills, wash behind your ears, and tend to your daily responsibilities. But what can you create this year to add more light in your life, more of what you want to have, be, and do? And create is the key word here.
Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine, and at last you create what you will. George Bernard Shaw
There are several way to achieve this wise advice.
1. Decide what you want more of, what you want to change, or something new you want in your life. Think along the lines of have, be, and do. And be specific.
2. Now create it in your mind with imagination. Use all of your senses. See it, feel it, taste it, smell it, and hear it. Do this while you’re busy and also take some time to sit quietly and embrace it. Know it is yours.
3. Will it to be, and believe that it will manifest.
4. Make a list of what you can do to make it real, alive, in your life. And begin working on it.
5. Take your time. Be patient. And work on one thing at a time.
6. Believe in yourself and your ability to create whatever you want. And include others if you need to. That does not diminish your own ability.
7. Feel joy and express gratitude each time you see what you want manifest,
“You are unique, and if that is not fulfilled, then something has been lost.” ~Martha Graham~
You don’t need to take the same path you’ve always taken. Each new year can be a new beginning, and you can create your own joy and express in unique ways. Choose your own path. Climb your own mountain. You are the light. And you can make it shine.
I wish you many joyful discoveries.
Marilyn Fowler, Author